About Us

My photo
Hi! We are Caryn, Bee Guat, Priyatharisini,Farah and Loqman. We are a group of future teachers hoping to gain more experience on how to teach Mathematics creatively and effectively. Please feel free to view our blog and we hope to hear from you. Your ideas, comments, criticism, suggestions or advice are highly welcomed! Thank you!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Greetings and Welcome!

Hello! Welcome to our new blog...

We are Group One or you can call us "Enchanted Maths"! There are 5 of us in this group for our course, PMEY 3103. Through this blog, we hope to be able to share what we have learnt throughout the 14 weeks and how we can make the Malaysian pupils be enchanted by mathematics!

We would want to show the "fun" side of mathematics to the pupils!

So, before we proceed allow us to introduce the members of varied races or "muhibah" group...


Our first member,...leader and the only male in the group is

1. Mohd Loqman b. Hashim

Assalamualaikum and good day.I am from Bandar Baharu Kedah.I am TESL student who will be a future teacher, teaching English in a primary school. Of course that my minor subject for this course is Maths and this blog is our group blog about the wonderful good of Maths. I hope from this blog 'Enchanted Maths' our group can discuss whatever happen in Maths education, teachings, techniques and so on about Maths. And this will be very exciting. >.<


2. Our next member is Azalina Farah Auziz

Assalamualaikum and hye everybody!! I'm Azalina Farah binti Auziz.. Just call me FARAH.. I'm from Sik, Kedah. Like my other groupmates, I am a future teacher.. A primary school teacher! Through this blog, I hope I can share my knowledge with all of you.. And hopefully you will read all our posts and leave comments so that we can share our thoughts, learn from each other. I teach you and you teach me!! I hope I can be a good and the best teacher in the future...
"There'll always be a room for improvement.."





3. The third member is Caryn Ting.

I’m Caryn Ting. Currently an undergraduate in University Malaya. I’m from Sitiawan, Perak, which is about 4 hours drive from Kuala Lumpur. I am the eldest of 4 in the family. I am a TESL (Primary). This translates that I will be a primary school teacher in another 1 and a half years (time flies so quickly, it has already been 5 and a half years)…and I will also be teaching Mathematics. So, this Enchanted Mathsblog will be where I share the next 14 weeks of my and our learning of how to teach Mathematics in fun and interesting way for the pupils!

So, do drop by and comment and share your thoughts!

4. Our next member is...the cutie...Ng Bee Guat.


Hello, my name is Ng Bee Guat. You can call me Bee Guat. I’m from Malacca, a small town situated at the south part of east Malaysia. Same like Caryn, I’m also a future primary school teacher. Hmmm, I’m not sure whether I’m qualified to be a good English or Mathematics teacher, however, I hope I can be one after I’ve completed my studies. Well, this blog will serve as a channel for me to learn, express, share, and gain useful experiences on how to teach Mathematics in an effective and interesting way. I would like to share a quote from S. Gudder, which I think truly reflects what Mathematics is all about:

“The essence of mathematics is not to make simple things complicated, but to make complicated things simple“.
5. Our last member is the sweet girl ...J.Priyatharisini











Hi everyone! I am Priyatharisini Jeyabalan.I am from Banting,Selangor.Basically, i am just a simple and sweet girl, a future teacher who loves expecting the unexpected and....is very passionate about teaching.English and Maths will be my teaching subjects in school in future. Well, i hope that this blog ( Get Enchanted By Maths) will offer a plethora of ideas to learn, enrich and explore the wonders of Maths that have enchanted generations of great thinkers.Besides, i also believe that the true mysteries of Maths lie at the limits of our thinking which is INFINITY!Thereby, as a future teacher i hope to guide my pupils to look beyond discovering the wonders and exploring the many marvel of Maths at the extremes along with fun and joy.So, deep inside i wish to make Maths a popular subject and NOT one to dread or avoid!TQ

So, through this blog we hope to be able to journey together and get enchanted by Maths!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure we are going to enjoy your Maths blog a lot! Thanks for the warm welcome! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work.. n impressive design n layout. Try to put up some stuff about how u plan to get primary school kids enchanted with maths.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice intro post!
    love the pictures and interesting facts about each member of the group!
    looking forward to more great updates from you guys! (:

    regards,
    www.marvelousmaths.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your precious comments. We will update from time to time by putting in some great stuffs to enchant our school kids with the wonders of Mathematics. So, do drop by and hoping to hear your constructive feedback very soon. ;)

    ReplyDelete